1. Denver gets close to 300 days of sunshine yearly.
2. Denver offers its residents a gorgeous panoramic view of the Rocky Mountains which hosts Rocky Mountain National Park, the largest park in the country. Colorado has 222 state wildlife areas! It is no wonder than Katharine Lee Bates wrote "America the Beautiful" after being inspired by the view from Pikes Peak!
3. Colorado has the best skiing in the country!
4. For outdoor enthusiasts there are 53 14,000+ foot mountain peak climbs.
5. The 13th step at the Colorado Capitol is at 5,280 feet, one mile high!
6. Colorado hosts the largest mineral hot springs pool in the world in Glenwood Springs.
7. For the avid sports fan you have a range of options. Denver is home to the NFL Denver Broncos, the NBA Denver Nuggets, as well as the MLB Colorado Rockies.
8. Colorado hosts a multitude of great educational centers such as the University of Colorado, Colorado State University, and Denver University.
9. There are 139 Beer Brewing Companies in Colorado, with Denver being home to 4 of the top 50 in the nation!
10. Denver prides itself on being dog friendly. There are an abundance of dog friendly restaurants that you can bring the four legged members of the family along to!
11. Denver is home to the world's largest performing arts center under one roof!
12. The Denver Art Museum is world renowned and highly popular.
13. The Sixteenth Street Mall, centered in the heart of downtown Denver, offers a multitude of shops and stores, perfect for an afternoon of shopping!
14. The Denver Aquarium is home to not only a great number of different species of fish, but it also has mermaids! You can stop in and catch the shows on a weekly basis. This is a great pastime for families.
15. The Denver Zoo offers a great experience for families.
16. Red Rocks Amphitheater in Morrison, CO offers a natural concert setting that is unlike any other venue you have been to. Not only does it host concerts and events, but many Coloradoans utilize the amphitheater for exercise and recreation.
17. The longest set of dinosaur tracks discovered to date is in Picketwire Canyon near La Junta in southeastern Colorado.
18. The tallest sand dunes in America are in Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve outside of Alamosa in south central Colorado. The 46,000-acre landscape of 8,000-foot sand peaks was created by ocean waters and wind more than one million years ago.
19. The 2nd best dinosaur museum in the United States is in Woodland Park, Colorado.
20. The Denver International Airport is the 6th busiest airport in the United States, and has won several awards for the artwork displayed inside the airport!
21. The United States Air Force Academy is in Colorado Springs.